Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Naris Up Acmedica Oil Control Powder DX Clear

I do not need another teeny weeny compact powder. But I just cant stop myself when I see one. May be it is the size... may be it’s the idea that I can stuff this even to my smallest bag...

Naris is Japanese drug store brand which make a few pretty nice powders and other make up stuff. From the name of the product, I think this is supposed to be good for those with troubled spotty skin. With oil control too!
I do like the packaging of this one. That pimple like thing on the side of the cover aside, the packaging is nice and well designed. The top compartment fits the baby blue colored puff. When you flap the partition, it reveals the pressed powder and tiny mirror! Just love the fact that my puff wont be doused with too much powder anymore! Yay!

Now the powder itself. As you can see it is very very white. The texture is unfortunately not the most finely milled around. And the powder is not translucent, I am pretty sure it will look ashy on deeper skin tone. Even on me, it does look ashy if I don’t spread it evenly.
Ashy look aside, it does pretty good job maintaining more matte looking T zone. I need to blot after 3-4 hours. Not bad...
Another thing... it smells a little like sulphur if you sniff close enough. But i don’t detect the smell when I apply the powder though.
Is it worth it?
Yes if... you are super fair and you want more oil control
No if... your skin has deeper tone, you don’t want to deal with internet shopping

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite oil blot powder! I really love the convenience of it. I recently hit pan on mines and I was trying to see where I could buy another one. My friend helped me buy it when she went to Asia last year. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase your powder? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    Got mine at sasa.com. I do think they ship worldwide!

    ReplyDelete