Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Skinfood Vitacolor Liplacquer Soft Mousse in PK01

I love roses... this one, Vitacolor Liplacquer Soft Mousse type is part of Milky Rose, a 2014 release from The Skinfood. From this release, I reviewed the cream blush and loved it!

Vitacolor liplacquer itself has 2 types: mousse lip and glow lip. I picked up the on-trend matte finish: mousse lip!

Housed in click type container, this baby holds 2.5 gr of product. At a glance, it reminds me of Stila's lip gloss, but this one dispenses product as it clicks, just like your mechanical pencil... not the twist&turn type of Stila. I can say I actually liked this click style pen, as it allows me to control the amount of the product dispensed better, longer click will dispense more product. as simple as that! but... I have to say that I dont like the brush... as you can see, it is a little bit unshapely when received it. and the brush is soft... softer than how i want my lip brush to be. making a precise application difficult for myself. I ended up dispensing the liplacquer on my fingetip and applied it manually. 

the product itself applies a little glossy, but gives off rather nice matte finish. the texture is super light and, as the name suggests, moussey! 

PK01 is a lovely warm pastel pink. The hand swatch is more accurate in term of color then the lip swatches. The color instantly bring flush and happiness on my face, without being too loud.

pigmentation is how I expected it to be... build-able. Apply a little (or apply then blot with tissue) will give nice flush of cheerfulness. A little more product will give nice full coverage. Beware though, I find applying this for full coverage is not easy... it tends to be blotchy. The color applies nicely in the beginning, however, it have the tendency to settle in lip lines and accentuate dry lips... your lips have to be in tip top condition to wear this without balm underneath...

I have to say that it is drying, and I gave up by the 2nd hour wearing this... I end up applying lip balm on top to rescue my lips... with texture like this, though, I think I can salvage this to blush instead of using it as lipcolor...

Bottomline, 
Pretty color and concept. Unfortunately, application is not easy wit the brush attached. Color tends to be blotchy and settles to lip lines. With its drying tendency, off to the recycle box it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment