Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Skinfood Vita Tok lipstick in PK01 Dorothy Berry

Skinfood products always appeal me for their natural-vintage style packaging. Skinfood is Korean brand claiming to use good stuff as ingredient which will be good ‘food’ for your skin–hence the name: skinfood!
This time Skinfood brings you Vita Tok lipstick, which promises to bring you watercolor like lippies- vibrant colors and shine for kissable lips! Sounds good to me… this range comes rather wide variety of colors from deeper reds, magentas, pinks to beiges.

Packaging wise- this is not very skinfood. They uses clear plastic as caps of the lippies. the tube is sealed with clear plastic packaging which you need to rip open to use the lipstick. On the plastic packaging-they slap on Vita Tok sticker. Even though it is made of plastic, it doesn’t feel too flimsy or cheap.

On to the color – Doroty Berry is bright pink-magenta, color which appeals to me more and more lately. The lippie itself is buildable- sheer tint like if you swipe lightly or bright magenta if swiped more. I like the color.
Unfortunately, I don’t think it lives to the ‘kissable’ promise! This one transfers very easily to rim of my tea cup- don’t think it will not transfer to your loved ones cheeks…  it is not  as shiny/glossy as I would like the lippie to be as well. The nice thing is-it glides easily on my lips.
It lasts about 2-3 hours on me. After about 2-3 hours it leaves my lips nicely stained with magenta.
In summary…
Rather nice to have, if you can get this as near as the retail price in Korea. But more expensive than Revlon’s colorburst lippie range- I’d rather go for colorburst.

No comments:

Post a Comment