Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Etude House Dear My Color Pop Lips Talk in OR 214

Another poppy lipstick from Etude House Color POP pre summer2013! I guess they have so many collections they have to started adding ‘pre’ in front of the season….

Anyway… previously, I tried on Color POP Shine Tint here. I know I am not an orange person, the color just don’t love my skin, but when I saw the swatches in Etude’s website, I cant say no to OR 214.

Just like other Dear My lipsticks, the lippie is supposed to deliver vivid color and moist shine.
Ah the polkadot box… so cute! And I always adore their Dear My tube design. This time, the ribbon is poppy orange plastic, reminiscent of neon hues from the 80s!

Now, the color… OR 214 is creamy apricot with a hint of pink. This color works better on me than the Shiny Tint Sunny Pop I tried before. It actually makes my lips stand out and make my face more cheerful looking!

The formula is creamy creamy creamy… it is not as easy to apply, as I find that I have to spread the product evenly to make sure my liplines are properly and evenly covered. I don’t consider it as high shine lipstick. It is more of a satin finish lipstick.

As usual, no flavor, but there’s a hint of tangerine fragrance if I bury my nose to the bullet. The lippie itself is not drying, but… it has the bad habit of highlighting flaky lips. Do make sure you prep your lip properly before applying this! And… it tend to settle in my liplines… not pretty…

Bottomline…


Pretty poppy color with a hint of pink, making it more wearable. But the creaminess of the lipstick makes it require a little blending during application. It also has a bad habit of highlighting flaky lips and settling in liplines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment