Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lola Duo Lipstick in Strawberry / Cream


The allure of double duty products never fail to make me swipe my card… be it double function or simply two color housed in pretty little tube like this Duo Lipstick by Lola.


When I purchased this, I don’t know anything about Lola… except that the duo lippie was calling my name… and the packaging is plain cute black-red combo that just exudes fun loving, sexy attitude!

Lola is an American brand which is available in several countries in Asia. According to their website, the star products are eye primer, lippies and powder.

Now the product! I don’t think I have to describe the sexy tube of this lippie! Tiny red diamante simply adds attitude to the tube! Plus, the tube also houses a tiny mirror which automatically flips open when you open the lippie tube! I am loving this… no more digging for mirror before retouching! Fantastic design and idea… however… it lacks a little in the execution… the tube is made of light plastic that is lacking substantial feel… May be I am spoiled by my favorite Guerlain Rouge Automatiques, but I feel this tube is a little hard to twist… or may be mine was simply a bad tube…

Strawberry / Cream is a pretty duo of blue based pink with super subtle shimmer (which doesn’t show up when applied on lips) and pinkish cream nude that simply adds life to my pale lips. When mixed the resulting color is creamy fresh, natural looking pink. The nude is super suitable for the office and the pink is pretty for night out with friends too! truly duo product that’s useful!

Texture of the product is also lovely, super easy to apply and blend. Coverage and pigmentation is excellent! Not as creamy as YSL Rouge Voluptes, but creamy enough not to dry my lips. It feels light on my lips and the nude crème doesn’t settle on my liplines! Love!

Bottomline…
Pretty design + wonderful product and color is the combo for me… appreciate the compact mirror on the tube too! However, the packaging itself is not that easy to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment