Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Estee Lauder Take It Away Make Up Remover

When I was re-arranging my travel toiletries pouch, I realized I need new travel sized make up remover. That’s when I rediscovered this small tube of Estee Lauder Take It Away. I got it as part of a skin care package I purchased few months back. 

I am so used with oil make up remover, I kinda hesitate putting this inside my pouch- the last thing I want to see during end of a tiring day is a not effective make up remover. Previously I had Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel tube, however I find it not potent enough to clean my MAC Liquidlast, or even Kiss Me Liquid Eyeliner.
Back to Estee’s  make up remover… Estee Website says: Rinses away easily and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with no greasy after feel or oily residue. Lets see if this is true.
The cream is white in color and has light texture. I tried it against MAC Liquidlast, Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eye Liner and Kiss Me Liquid Eyeliner. Light massaging on the liners for a minute or so dissolves the eyeliner. I rinsed the creamy residue with water afterwards; it doesn’t leave my skin overly greasy. And, as always, I washed my skin with mild soap. So far, back of hand test is satisfactory. 

Now, I am going to try it on my face. Today I am wearing Integrate palette and Urban Decay 24/7 pencil on my eyes... to my delight, it is super easy to take my eye make up off with this remover. the cream is light and can be easily massaged in.  no stinging or blurry eyes after using this. easily washed out too. i continued with my regular facial wash.

bottomline...
I do think this is a great make up remover for my travel pouch. at home, i still prefer my oil removers. i am going to repurchase it if they sell small travel sized tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment