Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Body Shop Beautifying Oil in Moringa

Recently, I am drawn to everything oil… cleansing oil, dry oil, massage oil… you name it! Of course I have to grab The Body Shop’s new beautifying oil. 
 (picture from thebodyshop website)

TBS claimed that this dry oil is suitable for body, face and hair. Well, I am going to use it only for my body and hair… for simple reason, I am already happy with my L’occitane cream & Clarins Lotus oil for my face. Plus… I don’t like overly fragranced products on my face. And these oils are surely heavily scented. The Body Shop USA website lists 11 variations, but I think in Asia, there’s less. I picked up Moringa, which has creamy white floral scent which I adore. 

The oil is supposed to moisturize, smoothen and illuminate skin. My skin has been ultra dry lately, and extra moisture from any product, is greatly appreciated! So, I tried this on my bare skin after shower on my left arm and compared it to Nuxe Huile Prodigiuse on my right arm. Well, I can say both are as easily absorbed and pretty much equally moisturizing on the skin. But Nuxe oil wins in the illuminating department.

For the hair, I do think TBS oil is more easily absorbed than Nuxe, leaving my dried hair lightly moisturized with little extra healthy sheen.  

I am so happy to find out that this product doesn’t contain silicone products. Yes, it means it is not going to be as light on the skin/hair… but lately I’m just bored with the silicone feeling most hair serums and oils give. 

Here’s the ingredients list:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Moringa Pterygosperma Oil/Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil (Emollient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (Antioxidant), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Antioxidant).

Bottomline,
I am loving this on my hair. Definitely going to repurchase when I run out. For me, TBS beautifying oil is going to be on heavy rotation with my favorite Vrai oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment