Monday, August 22, 2011

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream

After hearing and reading so much fuss about this product, I decided to give this a try. After all, an online retailer sells the sample sized stuff of this one.

What’s interesting is the ingredients, the company claimed to use only purest, all natural ingredients. Olive oil, beeswax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly and propolis. Sounds good. Let’s see if it is worth all the noise.

Texture wise, it looks a little like petroleum jelly, just less glossy. It is not fragranced, but somehow has this faint smell of something sweetish, the kind of sweet that I don’t really fancy. Lucky it was very faint and upon application the smell just dissipates.

Feels firm when touched in the jar, but quickly melt and get absorbed easily upon rubbing. Just like any balm, my skin feels moisturized after application.

Some people suggest using this as make up remover as well as moisturizer. Curious to try it, I swiped my favorite Urban Decay 24/7 Eye pencil on back of my hand and applied the cream after the eye liner sets. Light massaging took off the make up! Not bad. I am not sure if I want such heavy cream anywhere near my already oily lids thou…

For the other miraculous claims, I haven’t used it long enough to see if it improves my light scar or skin texture in the long run.

So far, this looks like promising product, but given the smell, I prefer my Badger Balm much more. Smells better and does the moisturizing job well too. And 37-ish USD (that’s before international shipping) for 4 oz (about 110gr) of product is just too too ridiculous. I’ll stick to my lovely Badger Balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment