Monday, April 4, 2011

NUXE Huile Prodigieuse OR – Multi Usage Dry Oil

Nuxe is drugstore brand from France, Huile Prodigieuse happen to be one of their flagship product. I’ve heard nice recommendations about this dry oil, but never tried it myself. As it is exxxxppeeennssiiivveeeee in Singapore. But I can’t contain myself seeing the shimmering golden glitter suspended in amber oil...so, I grabbed it.
The website says...
‘EFFECTIVE BY NATURE
Huile Prodigieuse Or is a dry oil with a unique superactivated formula combining 30% Precious Plant Oils and Vitamin E to nourish, repair and soften face, body and hair in a single gesture.
PRECIOUS BENEFITS FOR MY SKIN
Face and body are soft and velvety. Hair is supple, glossy and full of volume. Thanks to its small golden particles, your skin glitters and reveals its beauty whenever you move.
STAR ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
A unique cocktail of 6 Precious Plant Oils (Borage, St Johnswort, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut, Macadamia) with a subtle fragrance for a velvety skin, silky hair and an improved overall aspect of stretch marks. Its iridescent golden particles illuminate all skin and hair types with shiny reflections.
IS THIS PRODUCT FOR ME?
This oil is suitable for all skin and hair types regardless of age.’
Sounds fantastic isn’t it? And with that pretty golden shimmer, how can I say no? So... most probably you have noticed the two layers of colors in the picture. The golden shimmer is deposited at the bottom, and you have to shake it (just a little bit will do) before spraying it. My 100ml bottle comes with spray nozzle, just like perfumes. I believe the smaller bottle (50mL or so) does not come with the nozzle, but simple opening on the top of the bottle. But, I had some bad experience with nozzle spraying products a little too generously and ended up messing my application. Not with this one. It dispenses just nice amount of oil every time. I never feel like I wasted my precious oil drops ;) Texture wise both regular and OR (gold) version is the same.
The website says this multipurpose dry oil can be used for body, face and hair. So far I’ve tried on skin and hair and I am loving it... so, the multipurpose claim checked out, how about the ‘dry oil’. I tried finding out what it is...but i still have no idea. Do drop a message if you know what is the difference between dry and non dry/wet oil means...
The oil has this soft lovely white flower smell, still noticeable after application. Don’t be scared with the glitter, as it doesn’t really show. Just give my skin that nice golden glow without being too obvious. The shimmer doesn’t transfer to clothing too! Best of all, this product get absorbed nicely, no sticky oily mess. Ah.. bliss
This one made it to my essential list, along side with The Body Shop Body butter and Badger Lip & Body Balm
In summary...
Packaging: bottle with nozzle spray (100mL bottle)
Color variations: just the oil or OR (with golden shimmer)
Collateral Damage: SGD 85 for 100mL of OR (golden) version, regular version will be cheaper
Texture: light, easily absorbed. Gives skin lovely golden glow. Slightly frangranced
Moisturizing: 4/5, non sticky yet moisturizing!
Is it worth it?
Yes if... you like lightly fragranced oil, you want slight shimmer to brighten up your day, you have ultra dry skin
No if... you have oily skin, you don’t like mess oil might leads you, you don’t like the price, Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment