Friday, April 1, 2011

Les Soins Bio Plante System Nourishing Lip care

As usual, the non-standard packaging caught my attention. The name is mouthful and I’m sure I can’t even pronounce it correctly.
The outer shell is made from paper, but the inside is plastic with clear plastic cap on top. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, throw this tiny plastic cap. As I found out after few days, the paper top is so loose it is almost always not doing its job. This lip balm is definitely not for the handbag.
The brochure says Arkopharma from France has been around for 30 years, making skin care products from plant extracts. This Plante System range are Ecocert certified with 95% plants. Fragrance is natural and it is paraben free, phenoxythenol free and not tested on animals. What more can I ask from a simple lip balm?
I saw 4 options from Plante System range in the shop: Nourishing, Anti Ageing, Colored and Repairing. This Nourishing care balm contains beeswax, sesame oil, argan oil, shea butter and vanilla natural fragrance. The argan oil, especially, is supposed to nourish my lips.
The texture is balmy and not glossy upon application. I kind of like the texture, except it feels slightly heavier than my regular Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. It has soft vanilla fragrance, detectable only during application.
Aside from the always-loose cap, I find difficulty with the sheer huge size of the balm stick. Kinda hard to apply for me.
I kinda like this one, as it feels nice on my lips...unfortunately the packaging is just too troublesome. This one will become resident bed-side table lip balm.
Packaging: paper on the outer, plastic inside. Very loose cap.
Collateral Damage: SGD 19.9
Texture: balmy, non glossy
Moisturizing: 4/5
Is it worth it?
Yes if... you like moisturizing lip care
No if... you want to carry your lippie in your purse (the cap is tad loose, I guarantee it drop off sooner)

No comments:

Post a Comment