Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dior Addict Ultra-Shine 2 in 340

Dior lipsticks and I haven’t been good friends for a while. Don’t get me wrong, I am totally in love with Dior Addict’s color line up... who can resist those pretty shades with healthy dose of shimmer and glitter?

This is why....

Presenting ... my first ever Dior lippie... it is pretty apricot-pink in color with silver shimmers which glimmers and sparkles in the nicest way. Very very pretty... and it was sheer... totally... just the way I like my lippie back then... sheer and shimmery.

Swatch on the left was single swipe, the right was 2-3 swipes. As you can see... sheer and pretty...



It applies nice and light. I almost believe this will be the my lippie BFF. Glides nicely on my lips...

But...Disagreement starts after 1 hour of wear... my lip start to feel ultra dry. If I insisted on wearing longer, I am sure to get my lips dry and flaky even. May be there is some ingredient inside which irritates my lips? Or it is just plain drying ( I think this is the more likely answer).

And so... I have stopped wearing it. Unless I applied balm before applying the lipstick.

As the color is very sheer, I cant really tell how long does it last on my lips. But I can tell the shimmery particles hang around for quite some time.

In summary...
Packaging: the iconic Dior Addict design
Color variations: 4/5 from the sheerest pink to the strongest red... lovely variations
Texture: light, glides nicely, shimmery but not gritty, non fragraced too
Moisturizing: 1/5, ultra drying on my lips
Staying power: 1-2 hours, by the end shimmer stays but pigments are gone
Is it worth it?
Yes if... you like shimmers, you love sheer lippies, your lip is not dry
No if... you want more pigmented stuff, you want more moisturizing lippie

No comments:

Post a Comment