Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dolly Wink Eye Shadow Palette in Green Pink 04

This is my second time swatching Dolly Wink’s palette. The colors they offer in the palette are cute, I must admit. Even though I don’t fancy their cream eyeshadow (review and swatch here) and the Blue Orange Palette (swatch here), I just want to swatch and see if this one suits me. Japanese products are just so good inviting me to try and most probably buy their products...

This picture is scanned from Dolly Wink Promo booklet.


The Eye shadow palette comes with a small booklet containing more kawaii promo pictures of Tsubasa herself. Too bad I didn’t end up purchasing this item, so I cant scan it for you to see... But...I do have the swatch...

As with the Blue Orange Palette, Green Pink applies sheer as well. I prefer my shadows more pigmented, and if they are sheer I like them sparkly or at least shimmering. That’s why I don’t end up hauling this palette too...

The ivory is very very sheer but with pale gold shimmer and teeny glitter chunks. The last one (black) is ...well... black, also with tiny chunks of silver glitter. No worries, the glitter is not so overwhelming, the amount is, I believe, still office appropriate. The green and fuchsia-pink are sheer with satin finish. I find the green more sheer than the fuchsia-pink.

In Summary...
Packaging: kawaiiiii
Color offerings: 4 palettes, one neutral browns and the other 3 mix of neutrals and poppy colors
Price: SGD 32.9
Is it worth it?
Yes if... you love kawaii packaging and Tsubasa sooo much, you like the poppy green and fuchsia
No if... you prefer your shadows shimmery or more natural

No comments:

Post a Comment