Monday, March 7, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fuchsia 030

Before Fuchsia, I tried Carnation from this line. Liked Carnation’s texture so much, I decided to get another one (or may be two soon hehe...)
Everything is the same with Fuchsia, except the color. This one proves the claim from Revlon’s pamphlets correct ‘high pigment color release on lips to give rich color in just one swipe’. I swiped once, and I see wonderful fuchsia colored lip. I didn’t use any lip liner below it, and I didn’t see any weathering on the border of my lips even after few hours of wear.
See how full the color is...the swatch was single light handed swipe. Okay, to be fair, these pictures didn’t really capture the fuchsia-ness of Fuchsia... in real life, it is rich and bright.

Unlike light Carnation, Fuchsia sticks around for a long time. After 2-3 hours, with a lot of tea sippings in between, the color is still clearly visible, even though it has toned down. But I think I prefer it this way, it looks like I am wearing lip stain instead of lipcolor. The stained look stays for hours...I am pretty sure without drinking, this baby can last loonnggg time...
In summary...
Packaging: light matte finish plastic
Color variations: 3/5 I kinda expect more color variations from Revlon
Price: SGD 10, but I think outside Changi airport it costs around SGD 17-19?
Texture: light, like not wearing anything
Moisturizing: 3/5
Staying power: wonderfully stained lip look after 2-3 hours with tea sippings in between
Is it worth it?
-Yes if... you like strong fuchsia, you want fuchsia stained lips, you like your lippie to feel light on lips
-No if... you want softer fuchsia

No comments:

Post a Comment