Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pink stain for lips, cheeks and *what*?!?

When I went to my local drugstore today I noticed this product called ‘Pinki Princess’. With a tiny white box and pink silhouette of magical looking fairy, I am interested.

Apparently this product is pretty precious... it is located behind the cashier, so if you would like to test it, you gotta ask one of the staff there. When I requested to have a look, the male staff has no clue what product it is... until I saw the back of the white-pink box: it is supposed to give rosy-pink cheek and lips... and unsightly brown nipples... and that’s not it... can be used on pubic area too!!! (I am sure gynaecologists out there wouldn’t be very amused with the idea of staining pubic area...)

The product is said to be natural plant extracts to remove dark pigmentations on lip, skin, nipple and external pubic area. Supposedly it is waterproof and will last a few days.

Being curious cat that I am, I decided to try it on my hand...



The color is fuchsia-pink which might look nice on lips, but I don’t think it will flatter me if I were to wear it as blush. Or may be I just have to use even less product and blend more?

The texture is thick gel, very thick to the extent it was hard for me to get the product out of the tester tube. It has slight sweet fragrance and feels greasy even after blending.

I cant stand the greasy feeling ... and so after about 30 minutes, I grabbed the nearest tissue and try wiping it off... the grease is gone, but the pinkish stain is still there. And it stays strong up to 9 hours after initial application. This gotta be the strongest stain I have ever encountered...

By the way, I only used teeny weeny dot of the product... I cant imagine if I accidentally pushed more product out of that tube...

Thankfully, the stain could be removed with scrubbing and plenty of soap. Never again I will go near this product...

This product claimed to be Korean and famous in Japan, but heavily promoted by Singaporean... confusing...

No comments:

Post a Comment