Friday, December 21, 2012

Sleek Make Up Pout Paint in 158 Rosette and 162 Milkshake



I have always wanted to try OCC’s famous lip tar... but somehow never managed to get my grubby hands on one. So, the last time I ordered stuff from Sleek, I grabbed their Pout Paints. It does look like OCC’s Lip Tar, don’t you think?


(picture from sleekmakeup.com and sephora.com)

Sleek says Pout Paint is pigmented lip pigment that’s meant to be mixed with other colors. Sleek’s color collection is not as wide as OCC, but Sleek does offer mixer colors like white and blue. I picked up more wearable Rosette and Milkshake.


Rosette is my comfort zone color... creamy cool magenta pink, while Milkshake is milky coral pink.

I don’t know if my Pout Paint is stale or what, but when I first open it I can totally see the pigment and gloss separated. And it happened to both Milkshake and Rosette. By the way, I ordered them in different occasion, and they arrived at different time. Lucky for me, even though appeared separated, the product is easily mixed.

Pout Paint has texture like light gloss, comfortable on the lips and doesn’t feel sticky too. Both Rosette and Milkshake has citrusy fruity scent, but I detected no taste. Not to worry, the fragrance will be gone before you know it – it doesn’t last long.

Lets talk about Milkshake first. Count me disappointed here. I was expecting super pigmented product... but I got a light milky gloss. Pretty color, lovely texture... I would have raved about it if it were marketed as regular gloss- but it was not as pigmented as I wanted it to be. It is rather sheer and tends to pool in my lips texture. Dried prune lips, not fun. As you can see, the color is nearly similar with my natural lip color... so I cant really examine the staining power here.

Rosette is less disappointing than Milkshake. Rosette somehow applies more evenly, but it is still sheer. The color is not staining, and it doenst last very long on me- 3 or 4 hours max.  

Bottomline,
If you want light comfortable sheer gloss, this is for you. But if you want super power pigmented lipcolor, look elsewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment