Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Philip B Drop Dead Straightening Balm


I am sucker for anything with ‘straghtening’ slapped on… of course, I grabbed this one. When the package arrived, I was more than thrilled.

Philip B says it is a non-greasy, silicone free and water soluble product to give curly and wavy hair straight, bouncy, tangle free finish.  Sounds good to me!

The product is supposed to be used on towel dried hair. work your hair starting from scalp to ends and then style as usual.

One thing you should note is, the texture of this product is definitely not balmy or anything close. It is a gel with medium consistency. Easy enough to work on my hair, yet not runny enough to drip off when I placed the tub horizontally on my desk. I didn’t detect any fragrance here, no oily, siliconey feeling too.

I am using this after my regular hair routine. That’s shampooing with Shiseido Tsubaki shampoo, conditioning Ma Cherie Moisture Treatment, during towel drying I massaged in my current leave on fave: Lush R&B hair treatment… then… I added Philip B Drop Dead Straightening Balm. But not to my whole head… since bottom part of my hair is still pretty much straight. My roots, however (especially those baby hairs around the face) is started returning to curly.

Totally cant believe what I saw afterwards… my roots and baby hairs are way more straight than they usually appeared as. My hair is super dry, stubborn curly wurly – just ask my stylists, my hair is not the easiest to straighten. This is like miracle! I proceed with regular straightening with straightening iron and didn’t set it as usual. Usually I after Lush R&B I would straighten my hair up and set it with Kose Salon Style Treatment Wax.

The next morning, I wake up with straighter hair… my hair didn’t go back to its curly self after a good night sleep. Major YAY from me!

Bottomline,
I am loving this one. Totally will repurchase it! I am even planning to check out other Philip B's products too!
(picture from beautybay.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment