Friday, December 28, 2012

Haus of Gloi Soft Bubbling Scrub in Snow Wolf

Recently I am so smitten by Haus of Gloi. They packaged their boxes well, and the Pumpkin Butter in Three Treasures was heavenly. Unlike some stuff claiming 'handmade' but still using pre made bases, Haus of Gloi made everything from scratch. Adding cherries on the cake, their products are vegan and cruelty free. How lovely. Another item I ordered together with my pumpkin butter was Soft Bubbling Scrub in Snow Wolf.
(picture from hausofgloi.com)

I am not sure how I will like this soft bubbling scrub concept, therefore, I ordered a tiny sample of 2oz (56 gr) size. Let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint!


Soft Bubbling Scrub is basically whipped scrubby soap. The product is water activated, so, apply after you wet your body. Massaging in circular motions will cleanse your skin while the scrub particles is doing its job. 

The texture of the bubbling scrub is like dense whipped cream - still light but retains its shape when taken from its jar. I am keeping my jar away from water and making sure my hand is not dripping wet when I dig into the jar. The whipped cream melts easily on my skin while I massaged it. Just because the name is 'bubbling scrub', dont expect bubble bomb here... on me, it doesnt bubble much - intensity of the bubble is just like when you applied shower gel without bath lilly/bath sponge. The scrub particles are just nice - not too fine, not too large/rough for me. The scrubbies too, will dissolve when you slowly massaged in the product. 

Upon seeing shea butter as one of the ingredient, I was kinda worried this will make my bathroom slippery. But it doesnt, that's another plus point. After rinsing, my skin feels clean and fresh yet nicely moisturized. I think Haus of Gloi have another winner here. 

Now, the fragrance, Snow Wolf is balsamic fir with a dash of vanilla to round it off. It reminds me of walk in pine forest... the freshness of the air with homey, familiar, comfortable vanilla. This is a perfect scent for me to unwind after a long day in the office. relaxing yet fresh. Part of me wish they add a little minty stuff to give the scrub a little sparkling coolness factor. But, hey, I am not a perfumer... but  a girl can wish, right? ( I do hope someone from Haus of Gloi reads this paragraph...)

Bottomline, 
another winner from Haus of Gloi... perfect sized scrubbies, lovely texture, moisturizing quality. Plus... wonderful Snow Wolf fragrance makes this one a favorite in my bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment