Saturday, February 4, 2012

Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer in #2 Brilliant Nymph Aura

Releases from Korean brand, Etude House, never failed to tempt me… this release included. Nymph Aura collection is supposed to give you that perfectly glowy and sweet style of Korean artists and singers. Cute! Released in 2011, the collection includes volumer, powders, primer, gel blush, lippies, nail polish and bb cream. With magical pink-purple themed packaging, I am sold…
Volumer is really luminizer, just like MAC Strobe lotion, although I think this will work wonderfully as highlighter too. The volumer comes in 2 tint - #1 Pure nymph aura and #2 Brilliant Nymph Aura. I picked light iridescent baby pink #2.  #1 Pure Nymph has nude gel like appearance, which makes my skin feel really hydrated and glow-borderline-looking-oily. I do think the look can be replicated with little Vaseline applied strategically on cheekbones, so I gave it a skip.
As Luminizer, Etude suggests to mix Brilliant Nymph in 1:3 ratio with BB cream or foundation. I find mixing it like this gives my skin glowy-dewy look that’s fresh.  When applied and blended directly on skin (sans the foundation mixing) Brilliant Nymph gave me soft glow. It is totally sheer; I do think this will suit every skin tone. The iridescent glow is only visible if I looked at it very closely.
This product will be suitable for those who wants to glow but not looking like disco ball or oil factory. It really hard to apply too much with this product. Brilliant Nymph is easily absorbed and leaves my skin nice – just slightly more moisturized.
Bottomline…
Another fun addition to my stash, but not an essential. The effect Volumer gave can be easily replicated with application of regular highlighter that’s easier to purchase (Etude House only have brick and mortar shop in few countries outside Korea, online reseller price is super jacked up most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment