Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Etude House – Wannabe Color Lips in #3 So Chic Beige & #2 So Hot Pink

Cant deny it… the main reason I got this lippie is that pretty illustration by Annika Wester and the cute pink Eiffel tower in the matte black tube! These lippies are part of Wannabe collection –released for winter 2011, this collection is pretty extensive - includes Lumi-Ball (highlighter, reviewed here), face palette, nail polish set and many more.
I wont go about too much on the packaging. It is pretty and cute. I like the tube very much-unlike past Etude House tubes, this one is black and matte, still made of plastic-but doesn’t feel cheap at all.

So Chic Beige is nude beige with orange undertones with satin finish. I love the color, as it is still in the nude category-yet it doesn’t make me look overly washed out. Good pigmentation, I can cover my lips nicely and evenly with single swipe here. Of course, I need to even the pigment out by closing my lips of a while- but nothing too severe that it need lip brush. The nice thing is, the color doesn’t gather on my lip lines-it doesn’t make my lips look too dried or wrinkly. I do recommend prepping your lips well before applying on this one-as creamy nudes tend to snuck under dried lip and make your un-scrubbed, un-prepped lips look older and drier than they actually are.
There’s 3 colors of lippies in Wannabe collection- nude beige, magenta pink and crème red. I got the nude & magenta for myself.
No fragrance no taste here. It is creamy and glides easily on my lips. Since it is creamy, the pigment got transferred to my cup rim very easily. I got about 1-2 hours of wear, with lots of snacking and tea sipping in between. I have to say, it is not the most moisturizing lipstick Etude House has to offer, I feel the edge of my lips getting dried after the pigment is gone. Thankfully, no chapping or peeling caused by this cute baby. 


#2 So Hot Pink
So Hot Pink is indeed hot. It is loud crème magenta-pink, color I currently love. Single swipe will give you semi-sheer look, suitable for those not so keen on loud colors or office wear. Double swipe will give full coverage & brilliant color. In this lip swatch, I’m wearing 2 swipes. With this, I got 2-3 hours of full coverage brilliant wear, similar with So Chic Beige-So Hot Pink transfers heavily on my tea cup rim. The slight glossy look disappears and it leave bright lovely stain on my lips. The stain still look lovely and even for hours more and after lunch! Unless I am in the mood of full coverage color, I don’t have to touch up this lipstick for a long time.
Texture and other things are similar with So Chic Beige, except the tube has princess girl illustration instead of Eiffel Tower.
Bottomline,
Lovely addition in my cute make up section! I love the beige tone & bright poppy pink too! Too bad, it is not as moisturizing as I hoped it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment