Saturday, February 4, 2012

Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Blush in Fresh Coral

I don’t usually adore American drug store blushes for one reason – most of them are not pigmented enough to make me happy. I love my MAC and Canmake (Japanese drugstore brand) blushes – those two brands are my go to blush. Lucky me, this time, I found nice drugstore blush!
Maybelline Clear Smooth blush range is one pigmented line! Yes, the packaging looks cheap and flimsy (and does feel cheap and flimsy) – but don’t judge the make up by its packaging! I swatched all 4 shades: Rose, Coral, Berry and Apricot in my local drugstore… all of them are crazy pigmented. Totally worth my money! Too bad – some , like Berry and Apricot is too pigmented for my daily use, I only picked Coral. Rose is the lightest of them all, but I already got too many dupes in my stash, hence I left it alone.
The blush is light and blend easily, just remember, apply carefully – pick little product and build the color if necessary. I just love the rich pigment… and it only cost me about IDR 40,000 (approx. USD 5) a pop. Totally worth it. 
The only thing that left me puzzled is the ‘shine free’ statement. It is powder blush and works like powder blush; I didn’t experience any additional oil control benefit at all.  may be the ‘shine’ refer to glitter or shimmer? I don’t know…
Bottomline :
‘shine free’ puzzle aside, this has been a value-for-money purchase for meUnfortunately I think Clear Smooth line is not available in all countries.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks so so beautiful! An adorable colour indeed!
    XOXO
    Catanya Catanyasthings

    ReplyDelete