Friday, February 25, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Carnation 025

I got this one accidentally. No tester, no experience with the formula. But since it was not so expensive, I decided to grab it on the way to the cashier.

Revlon pamphlets says...
‘... Innovative pigments provide immediate, high pigment color release on lips to give rich color in just one swipe.
Unique elasticolor technology hugs lips with explosion of color that feels virtually weightless.
Contains film-forming polymers for longer wear and skin conditioning properties.
Moisturizers and anti-oxidants, including sweet almond oil improve lip texture...’
In a typical Revlon style, the tube is black in color. The amazing thing is, the color on the top of the tube matches the color of the lipstick bullet! Other than that, I don’t care for Revlon’s packaging, so let’s go inside... the color is very nice pink, the lipstick bullet has ‘REVLON’ embossed in the middle . I like embossed lipstick bullets...

The color is rather sheer, I think. With that, I cant agree or disagree with the ‘rich color in just one swipe’ claim, guess have to try with bolder color (which I’m sure will try soon *wink*). With Carnation, my natural lip color still peeks thru. If I sniffed closely enough, I could detect rather unnatural fragrance, but I cant detect it upon application, so it doesn’t really matter.

The formula is amazingly light, soft and nice. I feel like I didn’t wear any lipstick! It is not moisturizing, but my bone-dry lips are not complaining! I am totally loving it! However, the color does not last very long, which is expected from light pink colors. Lasted about 3 hours on me.

In summary...
Packaging: light matte finish plastic
Color variations: 3/5 I kinda expect more color variations from Revlon
Price: SGD 10, but I think outside Changi airport it costs around SGD 17-19?
Texture: light, like not wearing anything
Moisturizing: 3/5
Staying power: 2-3 hours with tea sippings in between
Will I buy more? Yes, in fact I am targeting the fuchsia and red now... *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment