Monday, February 21, 2011

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle Lipstick in Coral Sun 102

This one is from my favourite formula... YSL Rouge Volupte, which I already mentioned in earlier post here: http://sprayandtell.blogspot.com/2011/02/yves-saint-laurent-rouge-volupte.html
(picture from YSL website)
Unlike regular Rouge Volupte which offers myriad crèmes, Perle offers slightly sheer shimmering colors. Coral sun, is however, not so coral. I would say it is more pale beige-orange with healthy dose of golden shimmer. Swatch on the left is single swipe, the other is 3-4 swipes. As you can see... pretty sheer...
Packaging is the same with YSL Rouge volupte, except the middle panel is colored white, so, I cant really tell which color is my tube if I were to own more colors...
In summary...
Packaging: heavy, luxurious golden tube. Same design with Rouge Volupte, minus the colored middle panel
Color offering: 2/5 lovely choice of colors, less variety compared to Rouge Volupte
Price: USD 34 from Sephora (before tax)
Moisturizing: 4.5/5 the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever tried!
Staying power: 2-3 hours with tea sippings in between, non staining
Will I buy more? Of course! I have some colors on my wishlist already hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment